You will find updated information and travel advice for Norway on The Norwegian Institute of Public Health and The Government.
The following rules apply:
For more information you can visit these pages:
- The Government advises against all international and domestic travel that is not strictly necessary.
- The Institute of Public Health has updated information on rules and restrictions in regards to travel advice from red and yellow countries or areas.
- Anyone arriving in Norway from a red country or area shall complete a 10 days travel quarantine starting from the day of your arrival to Norway.
- The areas that are exempt from quarantine duty may change rapidly.
- Avoid public transport if you can.
- Avoid close contact with others.
You can also contact your embassy for more information.
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulties while in Norway, please stay in your hotel room / apartment and contact hotel guest service by telephone. Only contact the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at (+47) 116117 if you are in need of medical assistance.
Don't go to the hospital yourself, contact the service number and explain your situation. This is the best and most effective way to receive competent and prompt help.Extraordinary measures in Tromsø
There are no closures on the public transport network at the moment. As of now most restaurants, cafes, bars and shops are operating normally.
Given the rapid changes, we encourage everyone to check the websites of individual attractions, businesses and organizers for updated information.To avoid the spread of the virus, make sure you:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and warm water. Use hand sanitizer if you do not have access to water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) when sneezing or coughing, or cough into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces to reduce the risk of spreading germs.
- Keep distance of one meter to other people.
You can find all the tips to avoid the spreading of the virus at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health’s website.Notice to travelers who have made bookings via northernlightstromso.no
Guests are hereby reminded of Aurora Borealis Tromsø AS booking Terms and Conditions regarding cancellation fees and deadlines:
- A full refund is provided for cancellations made more than 3 days prior to the arrival date/tour date.
- No refund is provided for cancellations made 0-2 days prior to the arrival date/tour date.
Any changes made by the guest are regarded as a cancellation.
Some suppliers and partners have other terms of cancellation than those mentioned above. This applies particularly to the booking of airline tickets, accommodation and rental cars. In such cases, the terms and conditions will be displayed at the time of booking.
Should you need to cancel your booking, kindly inform us on email@example.com
It is appreciated that you also inform the provider by email if you are cancelling less than 14 days before the tour date.
We are available for digital advice: