Privacy statement for Northern Lights Tromsø
Northern Lights Tromsø wishes to protect and respect your personal data in line with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR (2016/679) of 27 April 2016.
Through this privacy statement, we wish to explain when and why we collect personal data, how we use these and under what circumstances we can disclose them to others. Furthermore, we will outline how we safeguard security of the personal data.
This privacy statement applies to the use of our products and activities related to the sale, marketing and implementation of customer agreements. Moreover, it applies to individuals who are employed and/or seeking employment at Northern Lights Tromsø.
When do we collect personal data about you?
• When someone enquires about the products published on our website and/or other specific enquiries by telephone
• Following other enquiries concerning the activities you will participate in or have participated in
When can your personal data be shared?
Northern Lights Tromsø only collects the data necessary to safeguard the delivery to you as a customer and in line with the statutory requirements imposed on some of our activities, i.e. “legitimate interest”.
This interest is not exceeded by your privacy interests.
Before collecting the data, we undertake an assessment to ensure that a mutual interest has been established between you and Northern Lights Tromsø.
Northern Lights Tromsø will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Send marketing communications, such as campaigns, events and our services that you have requested directly and/or indirectly. This communication is based on subscription, which you must confirm.
• Send information about the products and services that you have purchased from us
• Carry out direct sales activities in cases where a legitimate and mutual interest has been established
• Follow up incoming enquiries (customer support, e-mail, chat or phone calls)
• Carry out the contractual obligations that Northern Lights Tromsø has to you, such as confirmation of your order, invoice and reminders, etc.
• Notify you of interruptions in our services (system messages)
• Surveys regarding our products that you have shown interest in
• Consider any job applications and CVs for guides, etc.
Legal authority to collect personal data
• We use the personal data to fulfil obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
• The collection of personal data based on legitimate interest.
• Northern Lights Tromsø may use personal data in cases where we consider it to be of legitimate interest and when privacy interests do not exceed this interest.
Which data do Northern Lights Tromsø collect?
• We collect name, phone number, position and e-mail address.
• We collect service-related communications such as phone documents and e-mail received.
• We log IP addresses and related actions through third party providers of portals and solutions.
• If you publish comments and photos, etc. on our open portal/website (Facebook page, blog pages/customer service pages, etc.), this may be read/viewed by anyone visiting these sites. You/we have no control over whether this information is used by parties other than Northern Lights Tromsø.
• Consequently, Northern Lights Tromsø is not responsible for such information that you publish/post on sites as mentioned above.
• If you apply for a job at Northern Lights Tromsø, we collect the information you provide us during the application process.
• Northern Lights Tromsø does not collect or process unique identifiers and sensitive personal data.
How long are your personal data stored?
• Personal data is stored for as long as we consider necessary to serve the purpose.
• At the same time, we assess the need to respond to enquiries from you or solve any problems that may arise, comply with statutory requirements under applicable law and consider statutory requirements/complaints.
• Furthermore, we take the purpose of protection into account.
• This means that we can store your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data we have collected is no longer necessary, we delete them in a safe manner. In some cases, the data is pseudonymised for statistical purposes.
You have the following rights to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data
• The right to request rectification of personal data if they are inaccurate or outdated
• The right to request erasure of personal data when it is no longer necessary for Northern Lights Tromsø to keep this
• The right to withdraw a consent, at any time, to process your personal data and use this to transmit information
• The right to request that we provide you with your personal data in a readable format
• The right to request the restriction of processing if a dispute has arisen about the accuracy or processing of your personal data
• The right to object to the processing of personal data if the data processing is based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing
• All questions about privacy rights must be sent to email@example.com
Use of information capsules (cookies)
This information includes standard information from your web browser, such as the browser type and browser language, IP address and the actions you perform on the company’s website, such as the pages you view and the links you click on.
We use this information to ensure the website functions more efficiently.
We also collect information about the operating system, referring page, the user’s path through the website and the ISP domains, etc.
The purpose of this is to understand how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us customize the website to your personal needs, as well as detect and prevent any security threats and misuse.
If cookies and websites are used alone, they will not identify you personally.
Northern Lights Tromsø reserves the right to change this statement at any time. This may be based on statutory orders and/or customer and supplier requirements.
In the event of any changes that significantly change privacy practices, we will publish notification on our website before the change enters into force.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If there are factors that you are dissatisfied with and wish to complain about our processing of your personal data, in the first instance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to make direct contact with the national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authority in Norway is the Norwegian Data Protection Authority: